Monday 8 April 2013

About Me

Firstly, welcome to my blog.  For those who don't know me I'm Alastair.  I currently live in Derby whilst attempting to perpetuate my status as a student indefinitely.  It's not going to work though as next year I am going to have to join the real world, get a real job, and conform to real holiday allowances and work hours.

In the hours when I'm not studying (of which there are a currently a surprising amount) I can usually be found either climbing, fell running, riding my bike, skiing or mountaineering and a mixture of these activities will hopefully be the focus of this blog.  Being generally introverted and not a particularly interesting person the idea of writing a blog doesn't come particularly naturally to me, but a friend and I are organising an expedition to Alaska this year and part of the sponsorship deal with several of the companies who are helping us out with equipment was to write a blog or report of the trip - so here I am.

My Alaskan partner in crime is Will Harris - who is currently on an extended trip in Chamonix and also has a blog of his interesting activities which you can view here:

http://willharrisclimbing.blogspot.fr/

Whilst I'm not entirely sure how this blog is going to work I hope that some people might find it interesting to see what I've been up to, some may find it useful to receive conditions updates of routes and some may even find it inspirational(!).  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment